How to Compile and Run HelloIL
The complete HelloIL sample, including a Visual Studio 2008 project file, is in the CCI Metadata source tree under the Samples folder.
To compile and run HelloIL:
- If you have not done so already, download the CCI Metadata source tree. For details on how to download the CCI Metadata sources, see
- In the source tree’s root folder, double-click the tree’s Visual Studio 2008 solution file, Metadata.sln. This solution encompasses the entire source tree, including the samples.
- If you have not done so already, build the source tree. This builds the CCI Metadata DLLS that the sample requires, along with the sample itself.
- To view the HelloIL source code, go to Solution Explorer and expand the Samples folder, which contains all the CCI Metadata samples.
- Run HelloIL, which creates Hello.exe and places it in the bin\debug folder.
To run Hello.exe, open a command window and run it as a standard console application.