This project is read-only.

replacement of System.Reflection.Emit

Topics: Metadata Model
Mar 8, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Hi, I one of Nemerle developers.

Nemerle is a grate .Net language (see http://nemerle.rsdn.ru/)

We find replacement of System.Reflection.Emit (SRE) for Nemerle compiler.

On the face of it CCI is good candidate.

But we have some questions.

1. Can CCI work on Mono?

2. If we find bug or problem in CCI how we can fix it? For example, can we send patch to you?

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:39 AM

1. I have not tried to compile CCI on Mono or run it on Mono, but I have had contact with people about CCI on Mono, so it seems possible. At any rate, porting CCI to Mono should be very straightforward.

2. If you find problems in CCI please report them. There is a place for uploading patches. Please  be sure to make it clear that any code you contribute is contributed in terms of the MS Public License.

3. One of my colleagues is one of the original developers of Nemerle, so I promise to have a soft spot for it. ;-)

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I known, CCI use CLR API for writing PDB's. You do not plan to make its managed?

> Please  be sure to make it clear that any code you contribute is contributed in terms of the MS Public License.

It's no problem :).

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I'm afraid that there is little prospect of my getting the time to try and reverse engineer the undocumented PDB format in order to write a managed component to produce PDB files. Also, Mono uses a different file format for debugging information, if memory serves, so having a managed component for writing PDB files might not be all that useful.