How to Compile and Run FindThrowPlatformType
The complete FindThrowPlatformType sample, including a Visual Studio 2008 project file, is in the CCI Metadata source tree under the Samples folder.
To compile and run FindThrowPlatformType:
- If you have not done so already, download the CCI Metadata source tree. For details on how to download the CCI Metadata sources, see
- In the source tree’s root folder, double-click the tree’s Visual Studio 2008 solution file, Metadata.sln. This solution encompasses the entire source tree, including the samples.
- If you have not done so already, build the entire source tree. This builds the CCI Metadata DLLs that the sample requires, along with the FindThrowPlatformType application, PeToPe.exe.
- To view the complete FindThrowPlatformType source code, go to Solution Explorer and expand the Samples folder, which contains all the CCI Metadata samples.
- To run FindThrowPlatformType, open a command window, navigate to the FindThrowPlatformType project’s bin\Debug folder, and run FindThrowPlatformType.exe against a .NET DLL or EXE file. The following example runs FindThrowPlatformType against itself.
...\Debug> FindThrowPlatformType.exe FindThrowPlatformType.exe
FindThrowPlatformType prints the signature for each method that can throw ArgumentNullException
The native FindThrowPlatformType sample does not throw ArgumentNullException
. To make the example print a result, add a test class to FindThrowPlatformType, as described in
Add a Test Class to FindThrowPlatformType
. You can also run FindThrowPlatformType on any suitable DLL or EXE file.
Return to Beginning